Virtuagym is one of the leading innovators in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a SaaS solution and 3 native iOS and Android apps to users worldwide. We serve nearly 15 million end-users, 30,000 trainers and more than 6,000 health clubs around the globe.
As a scale-up, we offer great freedom and autonomy to take ownership of projects and to develop your skills and experience with us. Our talented staff of 200+ is located in two offices: Amsterdam, NL, and Medellin, CO. We love to keep the company culture dynamic, informal and fun.
As we keep on growing, we are now looking for a new colleague for our Development team. Will you join us in our quest to create a healthier and happier world?
What you will work on with your team:
At Virtuagym you have a direct impact on improving the experience of nearly 15 million end-users. The number of our users keeps on growing every month, which means that we are continuously challenged with the need for solutions to ensure the stability and scalability of our product. As we have grown to serve such a high number of users, we have started the migration of a monolithic to a services oriented architecture.
Each of our autonomous, cross-functional squads is responsible for a specific domain of our product, be that Communication and Engagement, or Payments and Invoices, for example. Each squad determines the necessary technical and functional requirements for features, with plenty of freedom to bring in new tools or technologies to improve the processes.
We're looking for an experienced team member to join our DevOps squad. This squad has ownership of our entire infrastructure, in regards to automation, deployment, and monitoring of our platform components. You’ll be working with other DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers, Product Owners, Security Experts, IT Support, and other internal customers.
As a DevOps Engineer at Virtuagym you will join a smart group of team players, all eager to share their knowledge and to keep on learning, to build high quality solutions, and to have fun!
Some of your key tasks will be:
- Ensure high availability and scalability of our systems in planning, setup and maintenance, including regular update cycles with a focus on minimal downtime
- Take the lead in designing future proof setups for new infrastructure
- Manage projects for migration, monitoring and security, disaster recovery planning, etc.
- Engineer and administer Linux based servers
- Help build on and improve our delivery pipeline
- Be proactive in dealing with platform management
Our tech stack:
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Vault
- MariaDB, MongoDB, Rabbitmq, Elasticsearch, Redis
- PHP, Python, JS
- Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Demonstrable working experience with AWS Web Services Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with Bash and Python
- Experienced implementing CI/CD Concepts
- Experience with support infrastructure, services and tools like DNS, web servers (nginx), monitoring (Prometheus)
- You feel comfortable working with a lot of freedom and autonomy and are ready to take responsibility
Bonus points for…
- Top notch database tuning and administration skills
- Experience with Config Management and Infrastructure as Code (eg, Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation)
- Extraordinary skills on Linux command line
Here’s why you should come work with us:
Next to being inspired daily by talented and motivated colleagues and having plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, these are the main Virtuagym perks:
- You’ll be joining a diverse and international team made up of over 30 nationalities across our offices in Amsterdam and Medellin, working in an informal and fun environment
- We are remote-friendly; working from home is an option, but during COVID times we are fully remote
- We provide a full-time contract, 25 paid holidays per year (based on a full-time contract), 8% holiday allowance and a pension plan
- An opportunity for the dynamic career growth with a lot of support from the management team
- Stay healthy with our Health Program: we provide monthly contribution towards your gym subscription and a Friends & Family gym discount
- We love to learn: join our knowledge exchange sessions, Lunch & Learns with interesting speakers and more
Ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button below! We will get back to your application within 5 working days.
The hiring process for this role consists of an introductory call, two video interviews and potentially a technical assessment. For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team.
Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy.
Functie groep: IT
Ref nr: 99222
Naam: Sander Fonville
Hoe kunnen wij je bereiken?Handmatig invullen
Ik heb al een account.
- Solliciteer eenvoudig vanuit je profiel op actuele vacatures.
- Jouw basisgegevens worden automatisch ingevuld bij een sollicitatie, waardoor je snel en eenvoudig kunt reageren.
Bedankt voor uw sollicitatie. Uw sollicitatie is bijna afgerond. Klik op de link in de e-mail om uw sollicitatie te bevestigen.
Let op: Deze e-mail kan in uw spam folder terecht komen.
We hebben uw gegevens opgenomen in onze database. U ontvangt voor het inzien en eventueel wijzigen van uw gegevens een e-mail met verdere instructies.
Bedankt voor uw inschrijving. We zullen u contacteren zodra we mogelijkheden voor u zien.
Hou alstublieft onze website in de gaten om direct de nieuwste vacatures te zien.