Virtuagym is one of the leading innovators in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a SaaS solution and 3 native iOS and Android apps to users worldwide. We serve 15+ million end-users, 30,000+ trainers and more than 7,500 health clubs around the globe.
As a scale-up, we offer great freedom and autonomy to take ownership of projects and to develop your skills and experience with us. Our talented staff of 200+ is located in two offices: Amsterdam, NL, and Medellin, CO. We love to keep the company culture dynamic, informal and fun.
As we keep on growing, we are now looking for a new colleague for our Development team. Will you join us in our quest to create a healthier and happier world?
What you will work on with your team:
As Senior PHP Developer you have a direct impact on improving the experience of nearly 15 million end-users. The number of our users keeps on growing every month, which means that we are continuously challenged with the need for great developments and solutions to ensure the scalability, maintainability, stability and security of our product. As we have grown to serve such a high number of users, we have started the migration of the monolith to a microservices architecture in selected domains of our product.
Each of our autonomous, cross-functional squads is responsible for a specific domain of our product, be that Communication and Engagement, or Payments and Invoices, for example. Each squad determines the necessary technical and functional requirements for features, with plenty of freedom to bring in new tools or technologies to improve the processes.
As our new Senior PHP Developer, you join a smart bunch of team players, all eager to share their knowledge and to keep on learning, to write high-quality code, and to have fun!
Some of your key tasks will be:
- Develop new features and improve existing functionalities, taking into account scalability, feasibility, transferability and quality
- Contribute with your knowledge of coding, architecture, and development processes to improvements within your team and the wider Product Development team
- Become a valued member of your team by actively participating and contributing in Scrum rituals
- Collaborate with your squad and other professionals to determine technical and functional requirements for product features in your domain
- Be a teamplayer, coach and learn
Our tech stack:
- PHP, Python, Vue.js
- Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C
- MariaDB, MongoDB, Rabbitmq, Elasticsearch, Redis
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Vault, Gitlab
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 3 years of relevant software development experience using PHP, preferably OOP & PHP7+
- Solid experience with SQL coding, preferably MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience with Git
- Strong communication skills in English, our company language. Dutch is not required
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, such as Scrum
- You feel comfortable working with a lot of freedom and autonomy and ready to take responsibility
Bonus points for…
- Knowledge of other programming languages, such as Python or Java
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with high-traffic applications
- Familiar with DevOps and automation tools like Kubernetes, CI/CD and docker
- Experience working with VueJS
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
Here’s why you should come work with us:
Next to being inspired daily by talented and motivated colleagues and having plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, these are the main Virtuagym perks:
- You’ll be joining a diverse and international team made up of over 30 nationalities, working in an informal and fun environment
- We are remote-friendly, working from home is an option, but during COVID times we are fully remote
- We provide a full-time contract, 25 paid holidays per year (based on a full-time contract), 8% holiday allowance and a pension plan
- An opportunity for the dynamic career growth with a lot of support from the management team
- Stay healthy with our Health Program: we provide a monthly contribution towards your gym subscription and a Friends & Family gym discount
- We love to learn: join our knowledge exchange sessions
Ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button below!
For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team
The hiring process for this role consists of a first introduction call, a technical assessment and 2 video call interviews.
Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy.
Functie groep: IT
Specialiteit: PHP developer
Ref nr: 99223
Naam: Sander Fonville
Hoe kunnen wij je bereiken?Handmatig invullen
Ik heb al een account.
- Solliciteer eenvoudig vanuit je profiel op actuele vacatures.
- Jouw basisgegevens worden automatisch ingevuld bij een sollicitatie, waardoor je snel en eenvoudig kunt reageren.
Bedankt voor uw sollicitatie. Uw sollicitatie is bijna afgerond. Klik op de link in de e-mail om uw sollicitatie te bevestigen.
Let op: Deze e-mail kan in uw spam folder terecht komen.
We hebben uw gegevens opgenomen in onze database. U ontvangt voor het inzien en eventueel wijzigen van uw gegevens een e-mail met verdere instructies.
Bedankt voor uw inschrijving. We zullen u contacteren zodra we mogelijkheden voor u zien.
Hou alstublieft onze website in de gaten om direct de nieuwste vacatures te zien.