Virtuagym is one of the leading and fastest growing innovators in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution and multiple native apps to users worldwide. We serve over 15 million end-users, 30,000 trainers and more than 6,000 health clubs around the globe.
As a scale-up, we offer great freedom and autonomy to take ownership of projects and to develop your skills and experience with us. Our talented staff of 200+ is based out of two locations: Amsterdam, NL, and Medellin, CO. We love to keep the company culture dynamic, informal and fun.
As we keep on growing, we are now looking for a Team Manager – Software Development Department to join our team. Will you join us in our quest to create a healthier and happier world?
What you will work on with your team
At Virtuagym you have a direct impact on the employee experience and performance of the 25+ and growing team of software developers, DevOps engineers and QA engineers in the development team.
Your passion for people and processes helps you to perform line management duties, which mainly concerns supporting and coaching employees in the different squads. You are a problem solver and like to work with people to overcome challenges, celebrate success and address concerns. You feel comfortable in the area of software development processes and enjoy being the go-to person for all processes and people related concerns.
In your day-to-day job as Team Manager you’ll be talking to the people in the squads, as well as product and domain experts, and of course key stakeholders from other departments. You’ll make sure escalations are handled promptly and professionally. You ensure your people can work well, can grow, and are happy. You inspire confidence, and you’re a strong motivator. You’re a partner in dialogue with the Head of Engineering, who’s key responsibilities are more on the technical side.
Most importantly, you get energy from working with people that; are eager to learn, truly value quality, are team players, are driven and have fun building new features and improving our products.
Some of your key tasks will be
- Mentor and coach engineers within the Software Development team.
- Provide guidance and ensure appropriate organizational processes and procedures are used within the Software Development department.
- Handle escalations from the business promptly and professionally.
- Ensure performance management takes place and is improved according to the needs of the business and the employees.
- Work together with our internal recruitment team to manage department staffing.
- Align department vision with the company’s short and long-term goals.
- Work together with the team and C-level, to determine department strategy and set the right goals.
What you will bring to the team
- You are passionate about tech, but even more about organisational and people processes (deep technical knowledge is not a must)
- Experienced in working agile with several cross-functional teams
- You care about your team, are keen to share knowledge and are open to giving and receiving continuous feedback
- Strong people (management) skills
- Good English language skills, both written and verbal
- You are result-driven and like to keep things lean and efficient
Bonus points for…
- Previous experience leading and managing a team, even better if you have managed a product development team
- Previous experience working at a SaaS scale-up
- Work experience as an Agile coach or Scrum master
- Software Engineering experience in a tech company
Here’s why you should come work with us
Next to being inspired daily by talented and motivated colleagues and having plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, these are the main Virtuagym perks:
Join one of the fastest growing scale-ups in Amsterdam, within the awesome fitness tech domain!;
Join a diverse and international team made up of over 30 nationalities, working in an informal and fun environment;
We are remote-friendly, meaning you can work from home whenever you want;
We provide a full-time contract, 25 paid holidays per year (based on a full-time contract), 8% holiday allowance and a pension plan;
An opportunity to grow fast with the company, including a lot of support from the management team and the opportunity to keep developing yourself;
Stay healthy with our Health Program: we provide monthly contribution towards your gym subscription and a Friends & Family gym discount;
We love to learn: join our knowledge exchange sessions, Lunch and Learn sessions for personal development, and more.
Ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button below! We will get back to your application within 10 working days.
For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy.
Functie groep: IT
Ref nr: 99502
Naam: Sander Fonville
Hoe kunnen wij je bereiken?Handmatig invullen
Ik heb al een account.
- Solliciteer eenvoudig vanuit je profiel op actuele vacatures.
- Jouw basisgegevens worden automatisch ingevuld bij een sollicitatie, waardoor je snel en eenvoudig kunt reageren.
Bedankt voor uw sollicitatie. Uw sollicitatie is bijna afgerond. Klik op de link in de e-mail om uw sollicitatie te bevestigen.
Let op: Deze e-mail kan in uw spam folder terecht komen.
We hebben uw gegevens opgenomen in onze database. U ontvangt voor het inzien en eventueel wijzigen van uw gegevens een e-mail met verdere instructies.
Bedankt voor uw inschrijving. We zullen u contacteren zodra we mogelijkheden voor u zien.
Hou alstublieft onze website in de gaten om direct de nieuwste vacatures te zien.